The charge conference is the basic governing body of each United Methodist local church and is composed of all members of the church council. All members of the charge conference must be members of the local church. The charge conference must meet at least once per year. The charge conference directs the work of the church and gives general oversight to the church council, reviews and evaluates the mission and ministry of the church, sets salaries for the pastor and staff, elects the members of the church council, and recommends candidates for ordained ministry.
Source: A Dictionary for United Methodists, Alan K. Waltz, Copyright 1991, Abingdon Press. Used by permission.
Complete 2020 charge conference report.
Agenda shown in the next column.
Presiding: Reverend Paige Eaves
Time: Nov 18, 2020 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 847 7057 8244
Agenda for the charge conference report.
Welcome and Introduction of Presiding Elder
Election of Recording Secretary
Ministry Updates & Action Items:
* Disciple-Making Report Form #8
* Report of the Pastor Form #9.0
* Membership Audit Form #9.1
* Fill Current Leadership Vacancies Form #9.2
* Lay Servant Recognition/Approval Form #16
Agenda continued in the right column.
Staff-Parish Relations Action Items
* Pastoral Salary & Benefit Package-2021 Form#1
* Housing Allowance Resolutions
* Candidates for Licensed/Ordained Ministry Form #18, #19
Report of the Finance Committee
* 2021 Budget (Draft: Committee will finalize before January)
* Report of the Trustees Form #10.0
Updates from District
Rev. Paige Eaves
Blessing and Sending Forth